Student artistic collectives in Dresden, Zittau and Görlitz
Student life also takes place outside the lecture hall! Orchestras, choirs, big bands, dance and music groups of various genres, theater groups and a photography club all afford students an exciting and interesting break from university life. There are about 30 artistic collectives associated with universities that receive the support of Studentenwerk Dresden for event planning, promotion, provision of rehearsal spaces and project funding. This list also includes ensembles from post-student age groups whose artistic repertoire may be of interest.
Impact the cultural landscape of university life and expand its variety with new projects, together with other students. There are no limits to your creative potential. We are always on the lookout for up-and-coming artists!
Interested? Then please read through the descriptions below and get in touch using the provided contact info to get involved.
For general questions, you can also call the Studentenwerk Culture Office at +49 351 4697-544.
Overview of artistic collectives
For detailed information, please click the individual group names.
- Dresdner Gitarrenensemble (Dresden Guitar Ensemble)
- The Big Band Therapy” – Dresden’s Physicians Big Band
- TU Big Band Dresden e.V.
- Werkstatt BigBand Dresden e.V.
- Chamber choir kammerchor cantamus dresden e.V.
- German-French Choir Dresden e.V.
- Jazzchor Dresden jazz choir
- Junges Ensemble Dresden
- Spiritual & Gospel Singers Dresden e.V.
- Universitätschor Dresden
- University Choir Zittau/Görlitz e.V.
- Vokalwerk Dresden e.V.
- Wild Roses Crew
- Kinder- und Jugendtanzstudio (English: Children’s and Youth Dance Studio)
- TU Dresden “Thea Maass” folklore dance group
- Bläserkollegium Dresden e.V.
- Kammerorchester ohne Dirigenten Dresden e.V.
- medicanti – Orchestra of the TU Dresden Faculty of Medicine
- University Orchestra Dresden
- Werkstattorchester Dresden e.V.