Your Position:

What other financial aid options are there if I am not eligible for BAföG because my parents’ deducted income covers my basic needs, and I don’t want to make use of advance aid?

The state makes very few other means of social aid available for students besides BAföG.

One is the child benefit.

Other non-state-funded options include various scholarships from associations that promote gifted students, private foundations, or other institutions. Grants may be available if certain requirements and conditions are met

A more recently adopted means of student financing are loans, e.g. the educational loan or the KfW Student Loan.

Or you could also earn some extra money working.